Starting your journey
Supporting Your Lymph Flow & Immune System
Additional Lymph Support
Touch, Movement & Bodywork Therapies
Energy in Harmony
Sharing the experience
A one-to-one with your practitioner
Getting in touch
CPD Workshops - coming soon....
The government has recently advised that complementary therapies (close contact services) can safely resume business following the Covid-19 pandemic. Things appear to be moving forward in a positive way, so it is hoped that Simply Holistic Therapies will be able to offer face-to-face treatments in the near future.
To protect everyone’s health and well-being, I am following guidelines by the government, NHS, and my professional associations – Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT), Massage Training Institute (MTI) (including GCMT for Soft Tissue Therapies), and MLDUK regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
Below you will find an overview of the new measures and guidelines issued, plus some useful links.
It is different, but this new approach will be of benefit to all, and may offer reassurance to those hesitant about returning to therapies or those accessing therapies for the first time.
What you can expect from Simply Holistic Therapies
IMPROVEMENTS TO KEEP YOU SAFE
The clinic space
- The Clinic owners are required to provide information on the standard of general cleaning/sanitising that is carried out, this includes the:
- clinic space public areas
- treatment rooms
- toilet facilities
- Most waiting areas have been removed or limited to fall in line with current social distancing measures
- Clinic appointments will be staggered to avoid client to client contact whilst on the premises
- Non-essentials and soft furnishings will be removed from the clinic room to reduce the risk of infection, leaving only hard cleanable surfaces
- Your therapist will check too that they are in good health, and carry out a daily assessment of their own health through regular observation and temperature checks
- Single client use couch covers, linens will continue to be used and washed at 60C, or at 40C with a bleach based laundry product
- The therapy table will be thoroughly disinfected between each client
- The use of disposable couch roll/couch coverings between each client
- Simply Holistic Therapies will continue to maintain a high level of hand washing, sanitising and disinfection of the therapy room space between its booked clients.
- Maintain social distancing whilst in clinic and between client appointments
- Please note that Simply Holistic Therapies will not be conducting home visits at this time.
The use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- A face mask and visor will be worn by your therapist
- Gloves will be worn throughout, as well as during your treatment session
- Single use aprons worn and changed between each client
What treatments are not currently available?
- Work on the ‘Highest Risk Zones’ – head and face area will need to be avoided, this includes:
- MLD Facial therapy
- Indian Head Massage
- The relaxing head and face treatments normally included during Amma Fusion, Holistic Massage and On-site Seated Massage therapies
- Revised payment methods – by card or bank transfer
How this will affect you
Pre-screening and consultation appointments
- New clients – initial consultation will be booked via phone or video conferencing
- Existing clients – status update + any Covid-19 issues – booked and conducted via phone or video conferencing
- During the consultation there will be a risk assessment of the suitability for your chosen therapy at this time. You will be asked a series of set questions relating to Covid-19 symptoms, and about your general health and well-being
- If you fall within the ‘extremely vulnerable’ or ‘moderately vulnerable’ category, then other safer, alternative options may be recommended
- It is important to notify Simply Holistic Therapies immediately should you:
- feel unwell or display any coronavirus / Covid-19 symptoms – new continuous cough, fever/high temperature, a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell
- test positive for Covid-19
- have been in contact with any known cases of Covid-19 within the last 14 days
- be contacted by NHS Test & Trace
- On booking an agreed face-to-face appointment you will be sent confirmation and further guidance.
- There will also be an additional consent form relating to Covid-19
Clinic (Face-to-Face) appointments
You will be asked to:
- confirm your health status 24hrs prior to your treatment
- adhere to social distancing measures until time for your treatment
- attend your appointment at the agreed allocated time. Should you happen to arrive earlier then please remain in your car until nearer the time
- wear your own face mask from arrival until the time you leave the clinic
- arrive for your appointment on your own and unattended – accompanying individuals will not be able to enter the clinic with you
- have a temperature check – this will be conducted using a non-contact forehead thermometer. Should your temperature be elevated the appointment will be rescheduled following the 7-14 day isolation period
- wash your hands on arrival and then directed to the treatment room
- bring your own bottled water to have at the end of your treatment session, to ensure you keep hydrated
- if you need to remove, and or, re-apply compression garments – you are required to bring your own donning/doffing applicator or a pair of rubber gloves (with gripped palm)
- a sanitised lidded clothes box or plastic bag will be provided for you to pop your clothing, garments and personal belongings in order to keep them safe. It is advisable to wear comfortable, easy to remove clothing. If possible try and avoid anything that needs to go over your head and disturb your face mask
- wash your hands again before leaving the clinic
- during your treatment if required there will also be hand sanitiser available
People at risk - Vulnerable Groups
Vulnerable groups that are at a higher risk. Please note this is not an exhaustive list, and may change as we learn more about Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Coronavirus / Covid-19 Symptoms
If you feel unwell you can check if you have one or more symptoms associated with Coronavirus. If you are worried about your symptoms call 111 or use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service.