Starting your journey
Supporting Your Lymph Flow & Immune System
Additional Lymph Support
Touch, Movement & Bodywork Therapies
Energy in Harmony
Sharing the experience
A one-to-one with your practitioner
Getting in touch
Tripudio – to move with joy
Tripudio Movement was developed by Kat Hesse – Pilates, Yoga & Somatics Teacher, and Julia Williams – Yoga instructor, former senior Lebed Method trainer, and tutor in higher and adult education in health and wellbeing.
What is Tripudio Movement?
Tripudio is the Latin word for ‘Dance’. The movements are combined from Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, Dance, somatics and physiotherapy.
The lymphatic ‘Flow’ element of Tripudio was designed following recent studies on exercise and the lymphatic system and translates Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) principles into movement. It is a form of exercise that is gentle to avoid fatigue and overexertion of the venous system.
Creating a fun, effective but gentle workout which helps relieve tension, regain mobility, balance, manage lymphoedema & lipoedema symptoms, detox, improve circulation and support the immune system.
Who was Tripudio Movement designed for?
Tripudio was developed with emphasis on the following conditions:
- Post-surgical rehabilitation, including breast cancer and prostate cancer
- Pre- and post-natal fitness including post-caesarian
- Back care
- Neck and shoulder tension
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic conditions such as Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, M.E., M.S.
- For hospices and senior citizens
- Anyone with movement restrictions
Important – always check with your medical doctor before undertaking an exercise programme.
Who can attend a Tripudio Movement class?
Tripudio movement is suitable for both men and women of all ages. It is suited to mixed levels of fitness and everyone can work to his or her own ability. Participants can take part standing or sitting …….there is no floor work.
How long does a class last?
A class lasts 50-60 minutes, and includes a water break.
What happens in a class?
Each class is structured as follows:
- a 10 minute warm-up, “The Flow”, designed to stretch and release fascia and improve circulation and lymph flow
- followed by short exercise segments and dances. Dance and slow exercise segments are alternated to provide a gentle aerobic workout and to then allow heart rate to stabilise at regular intervals. Exercise segments may also focus on specific problems, such as shoulder mobility, the pelvic floor, posture, proprioception, balance and gait, spine mobility, back health or strength
- a gentle cool-down, “The Flow” that will help to return circulation and the lymphatic system back to its normal rate
Pauline is registered with:
The Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT),
Massage Training Institute (MTI), Manual Lymphatic Drainage UK (MLDuk) the leading professional association for MLD practitioners